VISITORS, please see visitor information below.
Sunday, October 29 Reformation Day Festival ~ 21st Sunday after Pentecost
- 9:00 a.m. Brass Rehearsal
- 9:25 a.m. Chancel Choir Rehearsal
- 10:00 a.m. Worship Service led by Pr. Jim Kniseley
- After Worship – Chili Cook-Off
- 2:00 p.m. Casa de Dios
Monday, October 30
- 12:00 Noon Monday Miracles AA
- 7:00 p.m. Evangelism Team Meeting
- 7:00 p.m. The European Reformation: A Special Series at Randolph-Macon College in Ashland. Rev. David K. Delaney will explore how the contours of Luther’s life and career have been viewed in differing ways.
Wednesday, November 1
- 7:00 p.m. 500th Anniversary Reformation Worship Service at Epiphany Lutheran, 1400 Horsepen Road
Thursday, November 2
- 7:30 p.m. Casa de Dios
Saturday, November 4
- 8:00 p.m. Northside Fellowship AA Annual Banquet in the Fellowship Hall
Sunday, November 5 –All Saint’s Sunday~ 22nd Sunday after Pentecost
- 8:15 a.m. & 10:00 a.m. Worship Services led by Pr. Jim Kniseley
- 9:30 a.m. Christian Education classes
- 2:00 p.m. Casa de Dios
- 4:00 p.m. Youth Gathering & Confirmation Classes
- 5:45 p.m. Village Night w/Meal
November 5: All Saint’s – Special Services & Daylight Savings Time begins.
November 6: Finance Meeting 6:00 p.m.
November 8: Hilliard Park Garden Club 6:30 p.m.
November 8, 15: Off Topic Bible Study led by Lucas Cochran 6:00 p.m.
November 12: Veteran’s Day – Special Services
Special Congregation Meeting following the second service
November 21: Lakeside Joint Thanksgiving Service-Lakeside United Methodist Church 7:00 p.m. (Sermon Message given by Pr. James C. Kniseley)
December 2: Va. Synod Norfolk in Fellowship Hall
December 18: Life Line Health Screening in Fellowship Hall
December 24: One regular Sunday worship service at 9:30 a.m.
Christmas Eve festival service at 5:00 p.m.
December 31: Lessons and Carols service. One service at 9:30 a.m.
For Our Visitors
WELCOME in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ! Whether you are in town just for a visit or if you are new to the area and looking for a permanent church home, you are welcome at Christ Lutheran. We believe your presence at our services is God’s gift to us. Here is some information to help you enjoy a meaningful worship experience.
WE ARE LOCATED at 7809 Woodman Road in Richmond, directly across the street from Moody Middle School. Our building is handicap accessible, and handicap accessible restrooms are available.
WE HAVE TWO SERVICES on Sunday mornings at 8:15 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. We also offer a Faith Formation/Sunday School hour at 9:30 a.m. At 2:30 p.m. each Sunday, the Casa de Dios Hispanic Church conducts a worship service in Spanish.
We follow the Lutheran liturgical service format, with a mixture of traditional and contemporary music. We welcome children at our services, and special children’s bulletins and “busy bags” are available to keep our young attendees occupied.
HOLY COMMUNION is celebrated at every worship service (with rare exceptions). All baptized Christians whose custom it is to receive communion are invited to participate regardless of your church affiliation or tradition. This isn’t our table; it is the Lord’s Table. Even if you do not take communion, you are welcome to come forward to the communion rail to receive a pastoral blessing.
FAITH FORMATION classes are offered for children, youth and adults from 9:30 a.m.-10:15 a.m. During the school year, there is also a Youth Gathering for grades 6-12 each Sunday at 4:00 p.m.
Please call our office at 804-266-5775 if you have any further questions. Our office hours are 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.